When the customer's need is to obtain a series of finished products to be tested quickly and reliably, it is possible to use Rapid Manufacturing techniques for the production of pre-series or small production batches.
Pre-series molds can be made of different materials:
- Silicone, treading the imprint of a master usually realised in stereolithography.
- Resin, milled from solid.
- Aluminum, milled from solid.
Based on the number of required replicas, you can choose the molding mode:
- Vacuum Casting: it is used to create plastic prototypes with mechanical and aesthetic characteristics very similar to those of the finished products (rubber, rigid and co-molded) by pouring under vacuum into low density polyurethane resins inside the mold. You can make up to 30 pieces.
- R.I.M. (Reaction Injection Moulding): it is a production technique for low pressure injection plastic parts with thermosetting resins. Allows the realisation of details up to 300 replicas; the result is an extremely resilient and ductile product with exceptional impact resistance reducing molding times compared to vacuum casting.
- High pressure injection: it allows the realisation of plastic and rubber parts for aluminum molds, in large quantities (up to 2000 pieces).
Silicon, Resin, Aluminium. Technical Datasheet
Send request for quote.
Get instant quote within 48 hours..
Upload 3D files up to 100MB in .stl, .stp, .igs, .obj format
Speak directly with one of our Project Managers; contact us at +39 0236687868.
Get Price Quotation